Disarming mines should not be done through manual operation by the players.

qianye

I believe the one good point in the OP, is that once a "blue flag" has been set on a mine, the other mercs should not step on them.

The pathfinding is a little broken. When in a minefield, the explosives mercs should mark the mines and when you follow through with everyone else, I feel they should navigate the known mines without activating them.

Right now, following through as a group, someone will set off a mine, even if it has already been revealed and detected.

• Like 1

Arguing over differing opinions is good but insulting each other to grow up over such trivial topics is ironic in and of itself @Tzg and @Skaldy. That is pure irony and shows that none of you really are mentally resilient (no matter how old the both of you are). Call it a quit and be "friends" again. We all play the same game! 😜

I don't understand why all other actions aside from fighting shouldn't be automated as well in your opinion (e.g. traveling, repairing, talking etc.) @sandman25dcsss? That's what a game is after all, many different activities from which nobody likes all of them and some are more fun than others but they all still somehow belong to the experience. I do agree that a blue flag could be placed upon a discovered mine so that nobody else steps on it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

I do agree that a blue flag could be placed upon a discovered mine so that nobody else steps on it.

Isn't that what JA2 did?
Your high level mercs (no explosives required) would detect mines and place a red flag (or blue flag.. I just have a blank in my memory).. and then all mercs would walk around it.

24 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

@sandman25dcsss? That's what a game is after all, many different activities from which nobody likes all of them and some are more fun than others but they all still somehow belong to the experience. I do agree that a blue flag could be placed upon a discovered mine so that nobody else steps on it.

Probably your reply was ironic, but yes, I already complained about talking not being automated. Why should I click 3 times on NPC and wait 3 his phrases, it takes at least 10 seconds and then I am encouraged to do it again with a psycho merc. Just show me everything as text after single click.

Why is travelling so slow? It takes 5+ seconds to travel from one sector to another. At least it does not require pixel hunting unlike mine disarming and gathering resources.

My next mod idea is about automatic repair, all weapons will restore to 100% after entering a sector.

I can see why repair can be fun to some players as you make decision how to spend your time and parts. But disarming mines with 100% chance of success? No decisions to make, no player skills involved except patience and desire to spend time on trivial activity.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

28 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Probably your reply was ironic, but yes, I already complained about talking not being automated. Why should I click 3 times on NPC and wait 3 his phrases, it takes at least 10 seconds and then I am encouraged to do it again with a psycho merc. Just show me everything as text after single click.

Why is travelling so slow? It takes 5+ seconds to travel from one sector to another. At least it does not require pixel hunting unlike mine disarming and gathering resources.

My next mod idea is about automatic repair, all weapons will restore to 100% after entering a sector.

I can see why repair can be fun to some players as you make decision how to spend your time and parts. But disarming mines with 100% chance of success? No decisions to make, no player skills involved except patience and desire to spend time on trivial activity.

lol, i really recommend you try Wartales then. It has pretty much what you want. But in medieval context.

Somewhat related to disarming mines - I find disarming of the different trap types (electric, explosive) unsatisfying. For one you apparently need a merc with high mechanical, for the other an explosives expert. But the traps do not (or not always) indicate what type of trap it is. I have two mercs perfectly capable of disarming both types, both standing right in front of the trap, but there's no indication which merc to use. So it's trial & error, or rather quicksave & quickload.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Sorry but according to your replies you are completely looking different type of game.

Did you play JA1 or JA2? With JA1 for example you would be furious when you would see a separate screen with merc touching the door knob to open the doors and not just immidiately opens them.

Repairing, training, traveling, healing, inventory management, disarming etc everything is part of the JA series and i am sorry you are really nit picking things which are probably at the bottom of the things that needs to be done.

Also what i understand is that you want almost 0 time spend on SAT view, not doing any conversations even voice acting is for you too much too handle even when these things bringing something to a game always and feels always more alive. no managing at all just pure combat without anything around.

I am really sorry again but JA is not the game for you because what you want is completely empty game without any depth. I would not likely to say this but some idle mobile game is probably for you.

6 minutes ago, Bizziiik said:

Sorry but according to your replies you are completely looking different type of game.

Did you play JA1 or JA2? With JA1 for example you would be furious when you would see a separate screen with merc touching the door knob to open the doors and not just immidiately opens them.

Repairing, training, traveling, healing, inventory management, disarming etc everything is part of the JA series and i am sorry you are really nit picking things which are probably at the bottom of the things that needs to be done.

Also what i understand is that you want almost 0 time spend on SAT view, not doing any conversations even voice acting is for you too much too handle even when these things bringing something to a game always and feels always more alive. no managing at all just pure combat without anything around.

I am really sorry again but JA is not the game for you because what you want is completely empty game without any depth. I would not likely to say this but some idle mobile game is probably for you.

No, I am not JA fan, just TBT fan. I am not just complaining, I have already created my own mod to fix my issues with ammo and also tried/use about 20 other mods to fix other issues like greater inventory, more parts, more gold, more meds, full burst damage etc.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

I have just run a few tests to be sure. Indeed Barry stops when he discovers a mine so he cannot explode. Yet if I send my whole squad somewhere and Barry discovers a mine along the way, then only he stops, everyone else keeps moving and happily explodes, even Barry is damaged because he stops near the mine.

Edited by sandman25dcsss
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 5:35 PM, D13 said:

Somewhat related to disarming mines - I find disarming of the different trap types (electric, explosive) unsatisfying. For one you apparently need a merc with high mechanical, for the other an explosives expert. But the traps do not (or not always) indicate what type of trap it is. I have two mercs perfectly capable of disarming both types, both standing right in front of the trap, but there's no indication which merc to use. So it's trial & error, or rather quicksave & quickload.

I only know this because someone on the Steam forums mentioned it, but 'Disarm' means it is an explosive and 'Disable' means it's mechanical.  They really should have different icons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

I have just run a few tests to be sure. Indeed Barry stops when he discovers a mine so he cannot explode. Yet if I send my whole squad somewhere and Barry discovers a mine along the way, then only he stops, everyone else keeps moving and happily explodes, even Barry is damaged because he stops near the mine.

I hope that when Barry stops, others also stop.

31 minutes ago, qianye said:

I hope that when Barry stops, others also stop.

Unfortunately not the case currently. Ideally mine is disarmed instantly by merc with the highest explosive skill if disarm is 100% success, or mine is flagged and all mercs stop if disarm can result in explosion. If I send mercs somewhere, mercs should avoid known mines, they are not insane no matter their wisdom score.

• Like 1