Different ammo?

Sirbastage

As far as I know of (correct me if I'm wrong):

• AP (Armor piercing): Pointy full jacket projectiles made specifically to penetrate armor of armored opponents
    Ingame effect: Higher damage on armored opponents
  • HP (Hollow point): Hollow projectiles made specifically to fragment within unarmored opponents
    Ingame effect: Higher damage on unarmored opponents & bleeding status
  • Match: Premium-grade ammunition made for competitions
    Ingame effect: Higher accuracy bonus
  • Subsonic: Less noisy ammunition (best used with a silencer)
    Ingame effect: Reduced chance of discovery
  • Tracer: Illuminated projectile every couple of rounds
    Ingame effect: Probably marked status or such (not sure though because I haven't had any of those yet) 🤓
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sirbastage said:

What are the in game effects of the different types of ammunition? Tracer, subsonic, etc.

There is also "Shock".

image.png.10e700011687b76517e77862b7207f77.png

...and...

image.png.441ee1fef95c96a793b014002c928265.png

28 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

Shotgun shells are interesting, sabot(blue) shells narrows the spread and extends shotgun range.

Yes... Which I guess for those who don't understand shotguns, the game is totally fine. Sabot slugs should not even have a cone.. but 'oh well' I guess. I am not certain if the Sabot is the only "slug" in the game, but I would have thought the Sabot and/or Slug would have been in the Match or AP category.

Not sure if I will come across "Flechette" ammunition, which would have some sort of mix of longer range and more AP than traditional buckshot.

• Like 1

That is actually something that should be patched into the game because it just makes sense. Show which type of ammunition a gun is being loaded with by coloring the ammunition number (blue for HP, red for AP, yellow for Match etc.). 🙄

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 4:34 PM, J1v1n said:

That is actually something that should be patched into the game because it just makes sense. Show which type of ammunition a gun is being loaded with by coloring the ammunition number (blue for HP, red for AP, yellow for Match etc.). 🙄

Totally agree. In the old JA, we could tell by the colour of the rounds in the magazine