StoProGratis

JA3 next update should be:  

26 members have voted

1. 1. JA3 next update should be:

• Missing mercs DLC
    • Hardcore mode
    • Jagged Alliance 3.5
    • JA3 Wildfire

What would you want to see in the future JA3 updates or DlCs? Vote!

Missing mercs - bringing back all missing AIM mercs like Buzz, Bull, Trevor etc.

Hardcore mode - classic inventory, weapon upgrades and modifications needs crafting, AI overhaul.

Jagged Alliance 3.5 - all above but with new world.

Jagged Alliance 3 Wildfire - nothing changed but this time Grand Cien has a problem with mafia.

• Like 1

I know what I don't want to see, I don't want JA to forget its lore and go completely meme crazy like the Fallout, GTA, and Far Cry games have.

Look up the most recent DLC for any of those games for an example of how not to do DLC and updates.

More opportunities to recruit (free) Mercs, like Chimurenga, Luigi and others. What's a bit lacking is the total absence of anything resembling a resistance movement. Other than Chimurenga's communists, who are more a political movement than a resistance, there's nothing. Would be a good source for new people to get.

Then there's the whole expansion of new weapons, better equipment with its own modifications etc. Just three slots for body equipment isn't that much, and the existing options aren't as plenty as I'd like them to be.

Better shopping options, a shop UI etc. should come as a free update and not a paid expansion. So I'll mention it in name only, but explicitly say that I don't want it to be any kind of paid expansion or dlc.

Then we also have some interesting border regions beyond the sectors we can access. Would be interesting if they put something there for more missions, more quests, more content in general.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LXant said:

More opportunities to recruit (free) Mercs, like Chimurenga, Luigi and others. What's a bit lacking is the total absence of anything resembling a resistance movement.

The reason there isn't one is because [spoilers] and [spoilers], it definitely makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Jaywalker said:

The reason there isn't one is because [spoilers] and [spoilers], it definitely makes sense.

The game directly tells us that [spoiler] is [spoiler] and [spoiler], so there is enough reason for [spoiler] to [spoiler]. As you can see by my sound argument, a resistance movement is the only logical conclusion.

I would like more former AIM (or MERC) mercenaries as a DLC. I feel that is going to be the hardest thing for modders to do well and at scale. Overall though, it's likely to be whatever Haemimont believes people are the most likely to buy. Personally, for the amount of play time I already have from the game, let alone at least a few hundred more hours in the future... I'll buy any DLC simply as a thank you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First of all hope they make enough money with. There unfinished things in the game, like this internet-features, some bugs and a crappy inventory management. I heard they do not make enough money so far. So the game may not be supported even. A wish list now?! First pray to get  support for fixes and maybe upgraded.

I'm ready to pay $5 for a DLC to go back to real time after seeing no enemies for a while. Cheaper than new mouse and new wrist 🤕

image.png.c4d2e19de0aa20e064312a4218554531.png

(in this case, the "missing enemy" was an animal trapped behind a wall that had to be blown up... 🙄 )

• Like 1

I have found that site, which gives sales data. I have no idea about the site reliability and no idea about the project cost. Let's hope that current revenues and forecasted ones allow Haemimont Games to support JA3 in the long term.

https://vginsights.com/games-database?gameName=jagged

I'd say not that bad, surely much much lower than XCOM2 sales.

Looking at Steam stats, Germany and Russia are doing rather well, why am I not surprised?

I vote 3.5 I would love some kind of endless mode. After the Campaign we get a homebase we have to manage and get random generated Missons. Something like the Soldier without border idea from Metal gear.  

The Missions would be procedural generated small island which you have to liberate. Not so much focus on story and character. Maybe some more fleshed out Bosses. But mainly focus on challenging combat with endgame mercs. Maybe a new Arctic Biom or new assets like different types of building styles. 

The management part could have less focus on training militia and crafting on the map and more on logistics. You produce at you homebase and it takes time and money to send it to the combat zone.  

This would be a big dlc or standalone game. 

7 minutes ago, Dellzeroni said:

I vote 3.5 I would love some kind of endless mode. After the Campaign we get a homebase we have to manage and get random generated Missons. Something like the Soldier without border idea from Metal gear.  

The Missions would be procedural generated small island which you have to liberate. Not so much focus on story and character. Maybe some more fleshed out Bosses. But mainly focus on challenging combat with endgame mercs. Maybe a new Arctic Biom or new assets like different types of building styles. 

The management part could have less focus on training militia and crafting on the map and more on logistics. You produce at you homebase and it takes time and money to send it to the combat zone.  

This would be a big dlc or standalone game. 

Nice idea  would that 2. It could become a living world like that also maybe rebuilding the towns .. kinda sim-city add on 😉 where you help to build it up and defend the achievements. Our kinda bad version, where you become ta sick dictator, trying to pull out as much money as you can and have to defend yourself against constant rebellions and so on. Wll all very complex in the if it is done well. But it could become kinda own world.

1 hour ago, Claudius33 said:

I have found that site, which gives sales data. I have no idea about the site reliability and no idea about the project cost. Let's hope that current revenues and forecasted ones allow Haemimont Games to support JA3 in the long term.

https://vginsights.com/games-database?gameName=jagged

I'd say not that bad, surely much much lower than XCOM2 sales.

Looking at Steam stats, Germany and Russia are doing rather well, why am I not surprised?

https://steamdb.info/app/1084160/charts/

According to this source it should be around 200k. JA2 sold 300k that's what Wikipedia say 

Do not forget that the game is also on GoG - you will get around 20% of the Steam sales there at the least. So I would say a conservative estimate of 250 000 units sold so far.

Also keep in mind that a good chunk of the players took advantage of the preorder discount. Estimating total sales would be very difficult. 🙂

I don't understand most poll options so my answer is simple (in order or priority):

1) fix bugs

2) fix annoying things (traveling 20+ turns in turn based mode to find hiding enemy, exploding on revealed mines, having to manually click every mine to disarm it and then wait a few seconds etc.)

3) fix balance (silencer should have drawback, sniper rifles should have drawback at close distance, tiny damage for burst and autofire together with huge accuracy penalty, unusable pistols and SMG especially while dualwielding etc.)

4) add/fix shops

5) make inventory more user-friendly (sort button, filtering, an option to transfer items between squads instantly without need to use sector stash and travel etc.). I don't want to play inventory simulator, there are other games for that.

6) new DLC - more quests, maps, enemies etc.

Edited by sandman25dcsss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandman25dcsss said:

I don't understand most poll options

Not to be rude, but it shows.

We're talking about future content and possible expansions. Fixes are part of regular updates and should never, ever, even remotely, be considered as part of paid updates.

It's one thing to have a few bugs here and there, happens with complex software. But selling the fixes for extra cash? Thanks, but no thanks. I find the very idea repulsive beyond words.

18 minutes ago, LXant said:

Not to be rude, but it shows.

We're talking about future content and possible expansions. Fixes are part of regular updates and should never, ever, even remotely, be considered as part of paid updates.

It's one thing to have a few bugs here and there, happens with complex software. But selling the fixes for extra cash? Thanks, but no thanks. I find the very idea repulsive beyond words.

Poll asks about content of future update. Update/patch is always free when we are talking about games. If "update" is not free, it is called DLC instead.

If you are expecting any of the listed poll options for free, you will be disappointed. Such content is almost always a paid DLC, especially if it is inspired by previous entry in the series and thus there are many players asking for it and ready to pay for it.

The thread title is "JA3 future", and patches with fixes are not only expected, but also what the devs said they are currently working on. A poll about that is pointless.

This is more about future content, expansions, DLC etc. Content I want and which I know will cost money. What gave you the idea I expect free content?

4 hours ago, Warmonger said:

Nice idea  would that 2. It could become a living world like that also maybe rebuilding the towns .. kinda sim-city add on 😉 where you help to build it up and defend the achievements. Our kinda bad version, where you become ta sick dictator, trying to pull out as much money as you can and have to defend yourself against constant rebellions and so on. Wll all very complex in the if it is done well. But it could become kinda own world.

Not sure about, my memory is too bad, but in JA2 i think it was possible, there was a trick or so, after killin' deidranna and watched Credits, you could play on..🤔

When i remember it right, you have to give one enemy spreading-sector back to the enemy or so, before final bossfight.

Would be cool for JA3. So i could have done the rest of island, after finishing Main Quest.

32 minutes ago, LXant said:

The thread title is "JA3 future", and patches with fixes are not only expected, but also what the devs said they are currently working on. A poll about that is pointless.

This is more about future content, expansions, DLC etc. Content I want and which I know will cost money. What gave you the idea I expect free content?

I answered question what I expect in next update. You felt somehow unhappy about it and tried telling me things I already know claiming I don't know those things because I haven't played hardcore or wildfire. And now we continue arguing instead of accepting it was misunderstanding with unnecessary aggression on your part.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

it was misunderstanding

That much may have a bit of truth in it, everything else is you making wrong assumptions about me. But I suggest we leave it at that, as it gets off-topic.

• Like 1