Do you think the Devs frequent this forum?

Low_K

19 minutes ago, LXant said:

"as soon as possible" might also mean impossible for the foreseeable future.

But for now we have the upcoming FAQ, so I wouldn't be too pessimistic. Too early for that. 🙂

It is glad that at least those who wrote to them reply to my messages 🙂

38 minutes ago, Hendrix said:

That's a nice Ruger! Haven't seen it before.. is it a takedown model? I've been wanting to get an easy-to-carry .22 plinker that folds up and stores small. 9mm sounds way more fun though!

Well then, if we're going full nude... might as well pitch in!

sks.jpg

Edited by GODSPEED

4 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

That's a nice Ruger! Haven't seen it before.. is it a takedown model? I've been wanting to get an easy-to-carry .22 plinker that folds up and stores small. 9mm sounds way more fun though!

Yupp, Ruger PCC 9x19, my model is a "Canadian" version with 470mm barrel lenght. I have mine on a hunting permit (like all my guns), the shorter barrel versions are only allowed for competition shooting here in Sweden. Really fun "plinkster" and serves well when the foxes and badgers starts to roam around the house. And the most important fact is: Yes, it takes glock mags. 😁

9 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

Well then, if we're going full nude... might as well pitch in!

Damn, an SKS! Would love to try one! I did get to try a few shoots with an (I belive) AKM back in my army conscript days and the 7.62x39 was in my opinion a fairly pleasurable round to shoot.

3 minutes ago, Hendrix said:

Yupp, Ruger PCC 9x19, my model is a "Canadian" version with 470mm barrel lenght. I have mine on a hunting permit (like all my guns), the shorter barrel versions are only allowed for competition shooting here in Sweden. Really fun "plinkster" and serves well when the foxes and badgers starts to roam around the house. And the most important fact is: Yes, it takes glock mags. 😁

It's really neat, I like it... it has a little bit of that tactical flair, without looking overly ridiculous you know.

I somehow had this idea you might have been Canadian, because that is the type of plinksters we can use here. My SKS is also on my basic 'hunting'/sporting permit.

I am guessing Sweden and Canada must have VERY similar laws for some reason.. or else I'm almost certain we'd be posting pics of some Kalashnikovs... 😇

I did go and pass my "restricted" (for shorter barreled rifles, pistols and revolvers) course and passed with flying colors... but I haven't really gotten into the Pistols/Revolvers, because our laws are pretty harsh on those.

3 minutes ago, Hendrix said:

Damn, an SKS! Would love to try one! I did get to try a few shoots with an (I belive) AKM back in my army conscript days and the 7.62x39 was in my opinion a fairly pleasurable round to shoot.

Yes, as anything Russian; overbuilt! It's heavy, so it's not a hard (on the shoulder) shooter like a light hunting rifle with a powerful round. I've been debating switching over the stocks to those polymer ones... but I kind of like the look of the plywood stocks... it kind of makes me 'think' of an old-school AKM or 74.

15 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

Canuck eh?
Must say I love the Trailer Park Boys and Red Green's inventions are awesome!
But god damn I hate your country when it comes to hockey! 😂

Congratulations to passing the test!

I guess we have derailed this topic enough Godspeed, so I made a new one over in the Off Topic Section were we can discuss guns and whatnot. 🙂
Since this is a JA forum I guess there are more gun nuts lurking around.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got a reply today from one of the THQ Nordic representatives. They will probably send us someone who will be responsible for contacting us. 🙂

They just need to find out about the situation and find such a person and find such a person and that he should visit us regularly.

Edited by Wigen

Hello Wigen

Please specify the following points:
1. If it's not a secret, where did they say it?
2. Who answered the question? Representative of THQ Nordic or Haemimont Games.
3. Who will answer the questions? Representative of THQ Nordic or Haemimont Games.

I will add my opinion on this:
This forum already has an administrator. What is the difficulty in creating a "Questions to the developer" theme? In this thread, conduct strict moderation on the subject of flooding, etc. Community members ask specific questions about the game in this thread for a week or so. After that, the developer's representative himself answers in this thread. And the administrator publishes in the first message of this topic links to the developer's answer. Or creates a separate topic "Developers' Answers". Where the previously asked question and the developer's answer are published.
As a result: the developer does not need to run through all the branches of the forum and look for specific questions, and we will get answers to the questions that interest us.

14 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

1. If it's not a secret, where did they say it?

On Private Message.

15 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

2. Who answered the question? Representative of THQ Nordic or Haemimont Games.

Representative of THQ Nordic but he is not on the JA 3 team.

20 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

3. Who will answer the questions?

It will probably be the person designated by THQ Nordic for this. I can't quite define it.

24 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

I will add my opinion on this:
This forum already has an administrator. What is the difficulty in creating a "Questions to the developer" theme? In this thread, conduct strict moderation on the subject of flooding, etc. Community members ask specific questions about the game in this thread for a week or so. After that, the developer's representative himself answers in this thread. And the administrator publishes in the first message of this topic links to the developer's answer. Or creates a separate topic "Developers' Answers". Where the previously asked question and the developer's answer are published.
As a result: the developer does not need to run through all the branches of the forum and look for specific questions, and we will get answers to the questions that interest us.

I'll add to my post above:
I think it would be advisable to create another topic "Discussion of developers' answers".
1. "Questions to developers" - only a question about the game, without the ability to comment or discuss the question of another participant.
2. "Answers from developers" - just the initial question and answer from the developer.
3. "Discussion of developers' answers" - here all community members discuss and comment on the question and answer.

11 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

I think it would be advisable to create another topic "Discussion of developers' answers".
1. "Questions to developers" - only a question about the game, without the ability to comment or discuss the question of another participant.
2. "Answers from developers" - just the initial question and answer from the developer.
3. "Discussion of developers' answers" - here all community members discuss and comment on the question and answer.

I have nothing against such topics there. You can even prepare and set up such topics. They're good for me. 🙂

25 minutes ago, Wigen said:

I have nothing against such topics there. You can even prepare and set up such topics. They're good for me. 🙂

I think we need a separate section where there will be only these 3 topics. It's easy, but you need admin rights. But the most important thing about them is the answers from the developers. There is no point in creating these topics without the participation of the developer.

I have no sources for this knowledge, so pleasr take my opinions as opinions only.

I have come to believe that the Forum and Website was setup by THQNordic and they either haven't properly informed Haemimont Games of that HG wasn't ready to take time from the devs to frequent the forums yet.

I think this because the home page for Jagged Alliance 3 (www.jaggedalliance.com) has this when you scroll down to the Community section invitation:

Copy/Pasted:

Join the Jagged Alliance

Come join our community of turn-based RPG and hardcore JA fans from all over the world! Get plugged in with others who are curious about JA3 and those who love JA from the “good old days.” In the future, we’ll be posting regular DevDiaires to give a unique behind-the-scenes perspective of how we’re building this game to be a true successor for a beloved franchise.

We also love interacting with our fans and are quite active on the forums. Our goal is to create an environment for all types of gamers to find friends, talk about the game, and much, much more.

Sign-up now and jump into the conversation today!

Edited by GODSPEED

On 10/12/2021 at 8:01 PM, Wigen said:

Anyway, the maintainer of our forum is Fabian from THQ Nordic. Of course, if someone wanted to know. 😉

https://community.jaggedalliance.com/profile/4-thqn-fabian/

I'm just a guy with THQN in his username :classic_unsure:

As I told Wigen via PM: I'm not involved in the development of JA3 so I can't answer any of your questions, all I can say for now is that the game is in very good hands. Sometimes things take longer than planned or expected, but I'm sure things will improve very soon.

In the meantime I'll try to look into the forums from time to time and keep you some company. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

Do you have anything to do with the publisher "THQ Nordic"?

Yes, I'm working for THQ Nordic but I'm not involved with JA3. I was just kidding about my username.

23 minutes ago, CatsPaw said:

May we ask you questions as a JA3 publisher?

Please understand that the very little I know about JA3 is not up to me to disclose. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

Hey Fabian, great to have you around!

We understand that it isn't up to you to give us any info about the game, so I won't ask. 🙂

However, would it be possible to for you to ask someone about the FAQ and the promise of getting some Dev Diaries? It has been some time already and there's nothing new since the announcement trailer.

Please and thank you!

14 minutes ago, THQN Fabian said:

Please understand that the very little I know about JA3 is not up to me to disclose.

In my opinion, there is a question for the publisher. Is there any estimate for the age groups of the JA 3 audience? Does the publisher consider the 35-45 age group significant? In this regard, does it take into account the importance of expanding the distribution channels of the game. After all, it is known that many players over 30 have a negative attitude towards STEAM. They don't really like the fact that they need to log in to STEAM to access the game. Do you plan to release the game on GOG or other distribution platforms?

6 hours ago, THQN Fabian said:

I'm just a guy with THQN in his username :classic_unsure:

As I told Wigen via PM: I'm not involved in the development of JA3 so I can't answer any of your questions, all I can say for now is that the game is in very good hands. Sometimes things take longer than planned or expected, but I'm sure things will improve very soon.

In the meantime I'll try to look into the forums from time to time and keep you some company. 🙂

Hi @THQN Fabian, thank you for getting this community setup.

So far this small community of fans is quite alot better at discussing the game without becoming like the Steam discussions pages.

Anyways, hope we're not giving you too much of a hard time... I think there are alot of fans here who want answers NOW. Me included.. but I take it many of us are in our mid thirties or older (average?), so I think we can comprehend.

What kind of games do you like? (and no, that is not a test question of any sorts, whether you're a nutjob like some of us with Jagged alliance has no bearing on that question)