Do you think the Devs frequent this forum?

Low_K

In my opinion, the forum needs such a person who is well versed in the work on the game and could possibly provide information like "be prepared because tomorrow this and this will appear" or "everything is on the right track, work on the game is going in the right direction" etc. I know that it may be difficult to implement in the near future, but I mainly mean providing such information from people who are "on the front lines".

Of course, I am respectful of @THQN Fabian work. 

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 2:04 PM, LXant said:

However, would it be possible to for you to ask someone about the FAQ and the promise of getting some Dev Diaries? It has been some time already and there's nothing new since the announcement trailer.

I can ask, sure, but my guess is that stuff just isn't ready yet.

On 11/13/2021 at 2:11 PM, CatsPaw said:

Do you plan to release the game on GOG or other distribution platforms?

I have to ask for confirmation, but I would be very surprised if we wouldn't release this game on GOG.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:19 PM, GODSPEED said:

What kind of games do you like? (and no, that is not a test question of any sorts, whether you're a nutjob like some of us with Jagged alliance has no bearing on that question)

I like all sorts of games, mainly strategy games, RPGs and sci fi simulations. TBH, I never played the JA games, but I think I would like them from what I've seen.

17 hours ago, Wigen said:

In my opinion, the forum needs such a person who is well versed in the work on the game [...]

No need to spare my feelings, I know that I'm only a poor substitute :(

12 minutes ago, LXant said:

Well, poor Fabian, descended right into a pit of starved dogs. Hopefully he isn't too frightened to come back. 😄

That's the most well-behaved bunch of starved dogs I've ever seen haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, THQN Fabian said:

No need to spare my feelings, I know that I'm only a poor substitute 😞

Nobody says that. As I mentioned, I realy respect the work of people who work at the THQ Nordic. Also yours @THQN Fabian 😉

39 minutes ago, THQN Fabian said:

I have to ask for confirmation, but I would be very surprised if we wouldn't release this game on GOG.

The issue of releasing the game on the GOG platform two month's ago on Steam. 

Screenshot_20211116_201255.jpg

1 hour ago, THQN Fabian said:

No need to spare my feelings, I know that I'm only a poor substitute 😞

I realize and understand that in some matters you are not a decision-making person when it comes to information about the game and you do not have sufficient rights to provide us with such information here on the forum because you may face some consequences for it, and it is understandable.

Well, there is simply no one to pass this information on to us, because there are not many of them yet, but in any case I am an optimist and I will wait patiently 🙂 🙂

Edited by Wigen

On 11/16/2021 at 9:38 PM, THQN Fabian said:

On 11/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, Wigen said:

The issue of releasing the game on the GOG platform two month's ago on Steam

This is good information.

Of course, we will see what the end of this year and the beginning of the next will bring. However, I am gaining conviction and at the same time I do not want the Jagged Alliance: Rage situation not to be repeated in this case, where the announcement was the same, then after a few months the premiere took place and then it was left to move on to the next productions.

Well, it is impossible to do with Jagged Alliance 3, because it would be a failure, and nobody wants it. I hope that is not the case, and nobody wants to doom this game to failure.

We have a dev studio with a history of good games, one of the better publishers out there, and the announcement trailer was not only well done, but had - if that's something to go by - above average clicks compared to the other games that were announced.

It indicates that there's some sort of a fanbase interested in this game and its success; that part plays a key role when it comes to allocation of resources.

While it is good to remain cautious, I also think that we have some good reasons for optimism this time around.

But @THQN Fabian, a DevDiary and/or the FAQ would certainly help. 😉

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the standard for today. When a producer is abandoning the game, he doesn't inform anyone about it, he just leaves it like that and moves on to the next project and forums eventually get shut down due to the lack of hosting fees. Unfortunately, the vast majority of games end this way, only a few mostly large devs, decide to announce that they canceled the game.

Unfortunately, the most disturbing thing is that no one has made any statements so far. As if development for whatever reason was put on hold, stopped, slowed down, canceled, etc. This is quite a strange behavior as they know there are a lot of people waiting for Jagged Alliance 3.

• Sad 3

12 minutes ago, LXant said:

The utter silence almost a year after the initial announcement is a bit disconcerting.

I agree. This isn't a good sign, but maybe they have picked up on player complaints and are trying to redo their design a bit? You can dream, but who knows.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2022 at 3:12 PM, Wigen said:

I agree. This isn't a good sign, but maybe they have picked up on player complaints and are trying to redo their design a bit? You can dream, but who knows.

Hey, I keep dreaming!

I know very little in game development; but I have my own suspicions that maybe some games don't get 100% attention. Maybe the team working on JA3 isn't on JA3 every day or every week. Maybe their work is shared between a few projects, so to us who want this soon, the game is not coming along very quickly.

But that doesn't change the fact that some kind of update would have simply been a nice and welcome courtesy. Not like they "owe" us explanations, but we are on their forums, and I think it should be more than clear that most of us here are huge fans.

I think transparency is always welcome, because at least it puts fans at ease to know someone actually even read (or at least acknowledged their presence).

Unfortunately, here, I feel like we're in a sandbox playground, but there is no sand, no toys.. Not even a park around.

For the game, it leaves a negative feeling for what is to come.

..at least though, there are some cool kids to play with in this sandbox!!! 🍻

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@KyleSimmons Bro dont be a kid. Ofc developers use this forum and read everything. Ofc they using alt accounts. Its not a secret. Bro they just a guys who did a really bad job. And now nobody cares about this project. Cos most of ppl think it sucks and not important.

But I think this forum okay for ppl who love JA title. We can talk here about JA and its fine. 😇