DevDiary 6 - Combat, Part one

THQN Roger

DEVELOPERS PLEASE LOOK AT THIS, ITS 5 OCLOCK IN THE MORNING RIGHT NOW:

E4.png.30b820bd7917a409d1e1d3ca5d225144.png

THERE IS NOBODY ELSE IN THE FORUM, THIS GUY IS CLEARLY THE SAME PERSON.

THEY EVEN TALK THE SAME WAY. AND TALK ABOUT THE SAME TOPICS.

Edited by Woody
  • Thanks 1

It is 04:20 here, according to the office clock. I do not have an alternate account. I do not need one.

You are the one that is acting like a lunatic here with your rude accusations and you are posting endlessly on this forum in such a way that I wouldn't be surprised if you get your posts deleted.

For goodness sake, calm down.

• Haha 1

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him:

E10.thumb.png.e1dbcb32f836a9a9e3a25fcf0de3ad6c.png

E12.png.7faed93c24c36746db1d8e8981d63484.png

You replied from the wrong account smart guy.

I was talking to @agris when I said he had bad English, not you.

That's why @agris edited his comment immediately afterward to try to cover up his tracks, and so nobody could see that he claimed to be from America with his "your education system is supposed to be better than ours"

@anon474 was 100% correct.

Developers go look at the first message I posted above, they replied within 2 minutes of each other after a 2 hour long break at 5 o'clock in the morning. There's 0.000000001% chance of that happening naturally.

3 hours ago, Woody said:

DEVELOPERS PLEASE LOOK AT THIS, ITS 5 OCLOCK IN THE MORNING RIGHT NOW:

E4.png.30b820bd7917a409d1e1d3ca5d225144.png

THERE IS NOBODY ELSE IN THE FORUM, THIS GUY IS CLEARLY THE SAME PERSON.

THEY EVEN TALK THE SAME WAY. AND TALK ABOUT THE SAME TOPICS.

Yo.....

That's so obvious.

I knew people were acting weird.

4 hours ago, Woody said:

I hope you won't mind me doing this since I saw you looking up other people's profiles, allow me to just put some facts together...

E2.png.b68d82ae490f6ff210dde7c707152fe6.png

Joined yesterday

E3.png.8f056f6cae24db9128a4440dc3509f16.png

Anon something talking about how you, @agris reminded him of @Solaris_Wave , he also openly accused you of being an alt for somebody else on the forum on another thread.

E1.thumb.png.a6a668c3494075b35911a9077025311d.png

And now you're replying to each other, at 5 o'clock in the morning, when nobody is online, and agreeing with each other.

Any comments?

YO WHAT

Man, this forum turned into a dump rather quickly, because of a handful of trolls and "experts". I understand the devs not wanting to engage here at all during the first months.

"They made a mistake!" and "I'm disappointed" topics, seriously?

Anyway, to get back on topic:

Best dev diary so far. Everything from graphics to mechanics, direction and gameplay feel seems extremely professional and thought out. These are the only two things I care about, actually.

I love that the process led you to an unpopular decision and you made it anyway. I will choose the game a designer wanted to make over the game that most people "demanded", any day!

Машинки сте. Дано сте свикнали с гласовити скапаняци, повече от мен. Pardon my French...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, THQN Fabian said:

wtf... stop these conspiracy theories and off-topic discussions, please. The only alt-account in this thread I am certain of is not created by Solaris_Wave (you know who you are and you will stop it).

Maybe you didn't see this part, or didn't read too closely: the probability of one stopping writing as soon as another starts, the probability of them both being online at 5 AM is 0%.

E4.png.c6dcb08f932b484d4973ba2781b8f812.png

They are the same person.

I saw them stop replying, then instantly start replying on their alt account.

Their account is brand new, yet behaves in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY as @Solaris_Wave behaves.

Their mannerisms are IDENTICAL. Their WRITING STYLE is IDENTICAL. Their INTERESTS are IDENTICAL.

Everybody else on the forum knows its the same person.

There is another explanation for why you're protecting this 1 guy. Because it's not just "a guy". @anon474 brought this up already:

E42.thumb.png.70288b18dea8ac56d474c0525d66e610.png

Is this why you're not doing anything to ban this person?

I'm not an alt account for anybody, if you don't think there's something suspicious going on on this forum you're either not paying close attention, or you already know deeply that something suspicious is going on on this forum, because you're doing it.

There is no option you have, that includes not banning the obvious alt account of @Solaris_Wave and @agris (and I'm sure a lot more than that), that makes you look good.

Edited by Woody
  • Thanks 1

@Woody, why are you getting all of this in your head? I viewed your profile, along with some others, after I saw you being rude to forum members like @Kordanor. I thought it strange how your behaviour was like @anon474 in regards to the insults if opinions differed. Also, I found it odd how several accounts were created at the same time that were the same in character: rude, insulting, opinionated and full of fabrication.

I then find you doing the same with me, completely unprovoked but now on some kind of useless warpath that is totally unwarranted.

I see an Administrator is in the forums now because of your accusations. What happened to this forum? It was great until people like you came along and sullied it.

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if somebody (doesn't have to be the entire company) at Haemimont is making accounts and going into the forums to put a good spin on things.

Or the mods are completely terrible at their job and can't see when an obvious alt is being used...especially if that alt generally agrees with them on the most contentious issues like CTH...

6 minutes ago, KyleSimmons said:

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if somebody (doesn't have to be the entire company) at Haemimont is making accounts and going into the forums to put a good spin on things.

I don't see any reason or even more sense for game developers to create fake accounts you write about.

Hey guys

I saw the stream and honestly I dont think chance to hit percentage should've been excluded

its kind of a mandatory requirement for RPGs now

No idea if youll see this or not But I really wouldve preferred for you guys to show it

6 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

woah the forum is very active let me take a look around

Better not in this thread 😄

I disagree about your opinion with not showing CTH but that's fine ^^

That whole discussion reminds me of Back in Action. Just the other way around.
Back then the developers just jumped on the bandwagon:
At the time everything had to be 3D and everything had to be realtime with pause (actually it might be thanks to XComs Success that this is no longer the case)

In an interview they even said that they made it realtime because its 3D.

In the end Jagged Alliance BiA was a mediocre game, which lots of JA Fans didn't like.

Edited by Kordanor

10 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Hey guys

I saw the stream and honestly I dont think chance to hit percentage should've been excluded

its kind of a mandatory requirement for RPGs now

No idea if youll see this or not But I really wouldve preferred for you guys to show it

I respectfully disagree. In fact, I recommend the developers stick to their guns.

I suspect many players coming from other games may feel they'll be crippled without an explicit change-to-hit percentage, but only because they've never tried playing without it. I think many of those players will come around once they have a bit of experience under their belt.

• Like 2

I have been playing games for most of my life and at 47 years old, have played a lot since 1980. Throughout that time, there have been a lot of games that have shown hit percentages and you might think, that being a long time gamer, that I should insist on seeing the visible hit percentage in any game, where possible, because I am used to it.

Far from it. The first time I heard about JA3 was in PC Gamer and as soon as I read that Haemimont were removing the visible percentage, I thought about it and quickly liked the idea. While it does give you an idea of whether to attempt an attack, that percentage isn't always that helpful. There have been lots of occasions in games where you might have a high chance to hit and it misses anyway. I have seen misses occur when a 95% chance to hit was shown. Sure, it isn't obviously a 100% chance to hit that would guarantee a hit, but when you see it miss, make another attempt (also at 95% probability) and that misses as well, you start to swear, complain about the computer cheating and keep your hand over the Quick Save and Quick Load keys.

As long as you have a basic indicator, either visible or audible, so you know whether an attack should be even vaguely possible, I think it is enough.

Edited by Solaris_Wave
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

whew a lot of people here upset about something hopefully they dont have a point

The CtH debate is a contentious one. If you explore the forum you'll find a lot of conflicting opinions regarding a lot of design decisions. Obviously everyone has their own side, but it's important to respect each others' opinions and the reasons for those opinions (and even if those reasons are "but I like it this way", that's entirely legitimate for a video game).

There was also a recent kerfuffle wherein some users assumed that anyone who disagreed with them must be a conspiracy of sock-puppet accounts. Don't worry about those.