Wildlife in the game

Acid

Will we see the return of Bloodcats or something else?, ravens pecking at the dead? Crocs and Alligators in the swampy areas, snakes pythons, wild bears.. I don't know, stuff like that would be good to see, bring the world to life.  

• Like 1

There was no such things on the maps showed on the trailer. No birds, dogs or other animals. Honestly I really would like, that they focus on the much more important things, to give the game expected quality, than wasting time and money for animals.

Animals yes, but only as a last part to be done. In JA Flashback, creators had low budget and time, but they focused on a part with animals and yes they implemented them, but then they run out of time and for example, they did not make attachment for the guns for the premiere.

• Like 1

Valid points here.

JA2 really has this way of balancing out these little out-of-nowhere details like bloodcats and crows/ravens eating remains, and the idea to have those lab bugs in a game that was pretty well balanced in fictional reality (okay, maybe minus the rocket rifles... haha).

I'd love to see something fresh though... not necessarily a copy/paste of JA2.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 88vs1984 said:

Full Control had enough money to create good game but they were scammers

They weren't scammers, they simply did not know how to manage the money properly and it burnt out too quickly and were left to rush the game out the door.

They did have communication between some of the JA2 modders, but at some point they probably realized they didn't have the technical know-how to apply some of the features that we're important, and they had their own ideas of how to do things, even if the community hated it.

They wanted to try, but they should have worked their way up to more complexity in their games before attempting a JA revival.

It was the biggest failure in the JA attempts.

I did complete the game, it was hard! No, not the game, but to firce myself through it; ot's the most painful game experience I've ever had. I felt I was playing the most simplistic mobile game on my pc.

I should have just printed out a Jagged Alliance 2 poster and stuck it on my monitor instead.

...that, or find Babes and Bullets centerfold of Fox...

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

They weren't scammers, they simply did not know how to manage the money properly and it burnt out too quickly and were left to rush the game out the door.

Full Control asked money to create the game, not to try to create the game. When they finished, gamers had got smth like a demo of the game and not the game. And after that the developers dissappeared. 😞

2 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

They did have communication between some of the JA2 modders, but at some point they probably realized they didn't have the technical know-how to apply some of the features that we're important, and they had their own ideas of how to do things, even if the community hated it.

They wanted to try, but they should have worked their way up to more complexity in their games before attempting a JA revival.

It was the biggest failure in the JA attempts.

I did complete the game, it was hard! No, not the game, but to firce myself through it; ot's the most painful game experience I've ever had. I felt I was playing the most simplistic mobile game on my pc.

I should have just printed out a Jagged Alliance 2 poster and stuck it on my monitor instead.

...that, or find Babes and Bullets centerfold of Fox...

Yeah poor Thomas Lund, seemed like a good guy and the Full Control development team.. they just bit more off then they could chew.

I backed it foolishly (more then I should have) thinking they would make something great. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88vs1984 said:

Full Control... And after that the developers dissappeared. 😞

They went bankrupt. The reception and sales of the game were so bad they couldn't sustain any further development.

Laid off most employees to try and keep the patches and updates rolling, but the damage was so severe that didn't last and well, they are history.

It's unfortunate really, as much as I wanted the game to succeed, I also didn't want to see them go bankrupt. Their previous entry, deathwing or something of the sorts wasn't horrible... but they simply lacked the experience for such a complex and layered game. That coupled with 'immaturity' when it comes to managing money.

It's as much their fault as our fault for having backed the project... but we're a hopeful bunch, so yeah...

Would be nice to have a wildlife indeed, not just animals, but new nice landscapes and flora. The snowy areas and forests, rivers and jungles and plains. The tactics goes with the landscape, so different areas should be treated with different weaponry. The trailer does not have to show everything and I hope it didn't.

Wildlife would be nice. There's also a ton of features that could be related to wildlife, such as hunting (without attracting too much attention), eating (which could also be a terrible feature, I disliked it in RDR2 even if it turned out relevant to the story)... but yeah I do hope this turns out to not be a priority, but some extra content on top of a solid JA game.

23 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

They weren't scammers

I think so, too. I don't believe they intended to just take the money and make a sad excuse for a game. The stress of working with Kickstarter, the demands it implies is also a big factor.

Yeah, definitely not scammers. They even shipped some physical goodies. The amount they gathered for this kind of game was small though and they could just not live up to the scope of a JA Game. If they went for a JA Rage!-like game instead, maybe a good game would have come out of it.

They did Space Hulk before JA Flashback and Space Hulk was actqually quite fine.

On 9/25/2021 at 5:24 PM, GODSPEED said:

They weren't scammers

If to beliave news the Fool Control fired the game developers and continues to sell the Space Hulk and Jagged Alliance games after 2015. So they contiue to earn money.
I warked in one gamedev company. Upon hiring Me and others to make one ugly game we were promissed 10% sales bonus to the salary from the sales of that game. When the game was finished we all were fired. As we were said the company had got the difficult time. So we are fired, we did not get any 10% of the sales, all money went to the Company boss. 😃

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 88vs1984 said:

If to beliave news the Fool Control fired the game developers and continues to sell the Space Hulk and Jagged Alliance games after 2015. So they contiue to earn money.
I warked in one gamedev company. Upon hiring Me and others to make one ugly game we were promissed 10% sales bonus to the salary from the sales of that game. When the game was finished we all were fired. As we were said the company had got the difficult time. So we are fired, we did not get any 10% of the sales, all money went to the Company boss. 😃

Ouch. My condolences. As wise man once wrote, oral agreement isn't even worth the paper it isn't written on.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yes birds, flying insects and bigger animals like bloodcats and crocodiles would be a great addition to the game. But for me the animated portraits and conversations are much more important. That was one big reason why I fell in love with the game. Hopefully we see these features later in the development.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 2:48 PM, WILDFIRE said:

Yes birds, flying insects and bigger animals like bloodcats and crocodiles would be a great addition to the game. But for me the animated portraits and conversations are much more important. That was one big reason why I fell in love with the game. Hopefully we see these features later in the development.

Am also really very excited how the wild life and animals🌴🐍🐅🐊🦛 will be in Jagged Alliance 3 but this ANIMATED LIVELY portraits are even a more important point! and the SKULL💀 when they die!!!🩸😵

• Like 1

I got faith they'll put some wildlife in there, it is Africa, what's the first you'd think of when visiting Africa? besides the tribes and scenery, the ANIMALS, big cats, elephants, crocodile... flocks of birds, and I don't mean just hearing them, seeing them would be nice. You remember in JA2 the Ravens and Bloodcats. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Acid said:

I got faith they'll put some wildlife in there, it is Africa, what's the first you'd think of when visiting Africa? besides the tribes and scenery, the ANIMALS, big cats, elephants, crocodile... flocks of birds, and I don't mean just hearing them, seeing them would be nice. You remember in JA2 the Ravens and Bloodcats. 

And in Jagged Alliance 1 we had a strange snake or eel like creature that drowned us down inside the water. 😄

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wigen said:

In the first trailer from September 2021, I saw chickens in the henhouse. 🐔🐔🐔😁

Oh yea but thats not wildlife, we had also cows in Jagged Alliance 2, which i shoot at them once a while as target practice. 😁 

Chickens, goats and cows are very common in African agriculture which should be around the towns and villages but in terms of wildlife am hoping and expecting a thing or 2. Also visible flying birds would bring a extra flavour to the game, like in the early morning they sign and in the night time depending to the area like around the jungle there should be owl and other night animal sounds and in the swamp area the frog opera, oh yes i love the way how frogs sing. 🐸🎶💚

• 3 months later...

And yes finally footage, the nile crocodiles will be there as i mentioned 2 years ago, it will create great atmosphere to the swamp environment with some frogs signing maybe. BTW i have mentioned hyenas as well before and now the hippo is missing then all my animal suggestions will be in there.

JA3 - Swamp Area View with Crocodile.jpg