List of AIM Mercenaries

Elder III

I am curious about the statistics of the assault rifles. Obviously, the spreadsheets are incomplete at the moment but I was interested in the stats for the FAMAS vs. the AUG. Looking at the current form, the AUG has no penetration while the FAMAS is weaker in damage per bullet. The AUG has greater range as well.

If these stats are genuine, it sounds as if Haemimont were not sure how to more accurately differentiate the two guns. It really is just made up with arbitrary game balancing.

Are some guns going to have more/less recoil, or have a difference in damage depending on what is being hit? If not, I am hoping such things can be modded in. I made a point that all of the weapons could be realistically balanced as long as enough different characteristics were programmed into the game.

I'd like to know how the developers have programmed in weapon rates of fire as well. The FAMAS on full auto fires much faster than an AKM/AK-47 (950 rpm vs. 600). It also has a 3-round burst mode as well.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 3:44 PM, DougS2K said:

Thanks for the link with timestamp. I skimmed through a lot of the non-English speaking previews because, well, I can only speak English so I have no idea what they're saying. 😁 Possible I missed a lot as some of the previews were pretty long. Guess I could have used CC now that I think about it.

I'll add Larry to the spreadsheet as that definitely looks like he's hirable. As for Lobo, I get the feeling that they were an IMP created merc like @LoboNocturno mentioned which is why I removed them the other day.

On that note, I've started adding weapons and armor as well to the spreadsheet if anyone is interested. 😉 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14JcHKZscRWZ5onz2O_4hWE-K-_tHFPYtig4ppovH2n0/edit#gid=0

If anyone has info for other mercs or weapons not on the spreadsheet, leave a message at the following subreddit link and I'll add the info to the spreadsheet.

Sorry i am not on reddit but maybe you will see it here:

i have found some further 90+ Perks (had the chance to read it while some german streamers were hovering above it, thanks to youtubes 25% runnings speed):

Dexterity 90:

- Killzone - Make a bonus attack when making any interrupt attack.

- Total Concentration - Attacks deal 30% more Damage after a kill. Ends when you miss or at the end of combat.

Health 90:

- Calm under Fire - At the end of your turn, transfer up to 3 unused AP to the next turn. Gain 5 Grit per AP transfered.

- Hold Position - 50% Damage reduction while using Overwatch or Pin Down (Based on Health).

- Battle Focus - Gain 2 AP when hit by an enemy for the first time. Ends at the end of combat.

Edited by Briggadoon
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 3:44 PM, DougS2K said:

Thanks for the link with timestamp. I skimmed through a lot of the non-English speaking previews because, well, I can only speak English so I have no idea what they're saying. 😁 Possible I missed a lot as some of the previews were pretty long. Guess I could have used CC now that I think about it.

I'll add Larry to the spreadsheet as that definitely looks like he's hirable. As for Lobo, I get the feeling that they were an IMP created merc like @LoboNocturno mentioned which is why I removed them the other day.

On that note, I've started adding weapons and armor as well to the spreadsheet if anyone is interested. 😉 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14JcHKZscRWZ5onz2O_4hWE-K-_tHFPYtig4ppovH2n0/edit#gid=0

If anyone has info for other mercs or weapons not on the spreadsheet, leave a message at the following subreddit link and I'll add the info to the spreadsheet. 

Also one tiny nitpick but i think Ironclad is a Str 80+ Perk not a 70+ Perk. But many many thanks for your spreadsheet. I have to wait a whole month for the release and in my freetime i already build up my first 2 squads thanks to your hard work!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Briggadoon said:

Sorry i am not on reddit but maybe you will see it here:

i have found some further 90+ Perks (had the chance to read it while some german streamers were hovering above it, thanks to youtubes 25% runnings speed):

Dexterity 90:

- Killzone - Make a bonus attack when making any interrupt attack.

- Total Concentration - Attacks deal 30% more Damage after a kill. Ends when you miss or at the end of combat.

Health 90:

- Calm under Fire - At the end of your turn, transfer up to 3 unused AP to the next turn. Gain 5 Grit per AP transfered.

- Hold Position - 50% Damage reduction while using Overwatch or Pin Down (Based on Health).

- Battle Focus - Gain 2 AP when hit by an enemy for the first time. Ends at the end of combat.

Added them. Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Briggadoon said:

Also one tiny nitpick but i think Ironclad is a Str 80+ Perk not a 70+ Perk. But many many thanks for your spreadsheet. I have to wait a whole month for the release and in my freetime i already build up my first 2 squads thanks to your hard work!!!!!

Possible I made a typo so I switched it to 80 and no problem at all! I can't wait till release so I can actually fill out all the stuff that's missing. I'll have to double check all the values after release to make sure I didn't make any further typos.

On 6/18/2023 at 11:46 AM, Briggadoon said:

Thanks! Any chance you have the icons for these? That way we can associate them with the mercs who have them.

31 minutes ago, Briggadoon said:

Well i was looking for the 90+ skills and found something interesting (see attached picture). It seems that the perk "Trick Shot" was replaced with for a perk called "Ambusher"... or is this an older build? Does anybody know?

Screenshot (3).png

Those talents, traits and perks. It's just... too much. Why do all games have to have these nowadays? The exact same reason why I dropped the COD series after COD2 when all that silly stuff made it into COD:MW.

Won't be suprised we can buy weapon skins in JA later on too. You know, to trade on Steam Marketplace. 

1 minute ago, ShadowMagic said:

Those talents, traits and perks. It's just... too much. Why do all games have to have these nowadays? The exact same reason why I dropped the COD series after COD2 when all that silly stuff made it into COD:MW.

Won't be suprised we can buy weapon skins in JA later on too. You know, to trade on Steam Marketplace. 

I am kind of irritated about your statement. First of all the talents existed since JA1, second the traits already existed in JA2, third the JA-Franchise is a Tactical-RPG... RPG as in ROLE PLAYING GAME of course there are skills, talents, etc. thats one of the pillars (and charme) of this genre. Fourth do you compare JA3 to CoD? Really??? Do you want JA3 to be dumped down to no stats at all? Why tho? Or did you maybe just confuse this Forum with an other games Forum?

5 hours ago, Briggadoon said:

I am kind of irritated about your statement. First of all the talents existed since JA1, second the traits already existed in JA2, third the JA-Franchise is a Tactical-RPG... RPG as in ROLE PLAYING GAME of course there are skills, talents, etc. thats one of the pillars (and charme) of this genre. Fourth do you compare JA3 to CoD? Really??? Do you want JA3 to be dumped down to no stats at all? Why tho? Or did you maybe just confuse this Forum with an other games Forum?

What I meant was, that elements that once were set in the background (you couldn't see nor alter most perks/traits unless with the mod) and were an intergral part of the character (your IMP was assigned some extra's based on the Q/A list, thats it) now being so explicitely there on the foreground. 

Personally I never really took notice of any of those perks nor spend much time 'balancing' a squad because for me JA1 and JA2 (Vanilla) were basically all about picking the Mercs with highest stats (not hidden) affordable, and steamroll the enemy. Even on difficult settings. Using quicksave only when the biggest bullcrap situations led to the dead of your pointmen.

Comparison with COD (maybe a long shot, yes): once they start bloating / exaggerating stuff like characters, perks (and now with crafting) it took the fun out of the game. That's all.

Edited by ShadowMagic

6 hours ago, Briggadoon said:

I think that's a false equivalence. Skills in JA1/2 were fairly subtle and only made you better (or less bad) at things anyone can do. Magic is stealthy, but everyone can sneak, he's just especially good at it. Hitman is skilled at throwing, but everyone can throw. Things like "ignore overwatch" or "automatically throw a knifevat anyone who invades your personal space" is new for the series and likely to have significant effects on the gameplay.

I personally am not worried because I play plenty of RPGs with outlandish abilities, but I completely understand people who have misgivings about its addition to JA.

• Like 2

Merc Prename Name R Rank Function Sex Nation Loan $
Steroid Bobby Gontarski 1 Recruit Mechanic m Poland 5.100
Fox Cynthia Guzzman 1 Recruit Medic f USA 5.040
Mouse Anita Backman 1 Recruit All-Rounder f USA 5.010
Livewire Leili Idrisi 1 Recruit Mechanic f Pakistan 4.600
Omryn Yuri Omryn 1 Recruit Sniper m Russia 4.790
Igor Igor Dolvich 1 Recruit All-Rounder m Russia 3.770
Kalyna Kalyna Sokolova 1 Recruit Mechanic f Ukraine 4.200
MD Michael Dawson 1 Recruit Medic m Canada 3.770
Grizzly Steve Bornell 1 Recruit All-Rounder m USA 3.060
Barry Barry Unger 1 Recruit Explosives m Hungary 2.990
Fidel Fidel Dahan 2 Veteran Explosives m Cuba 12.740
Raven Charlene Higgens 2 Veteran Sniper f USA 12.160
Thor Thor Kaufmann 2 Veteran Medic m Germany 11.200
Wolf Peter Sanderson 2 Veteran All-Rounder m USA 10.350
Ice Ice Williams 2 Veteran Sniper m USA 7.200
Blood Keith Hanson 2 Veteran Sniper m South Afr. 6.440
Buns Monica Sondergaard 2 Veteran Sniper f Denmark 5.480
Grunty Helmut Grunther 2 Veteran All-Rounder m Germany 4.690
Meltdown Norma Jessop 2 Veteran All-Rounder f USA 6.030
Ivan Ivan Dolvich 3 Elite Sniper m Russia 19.530
Vicki Victoria Waters 3 Elite Mechanic f Jamaika 16.740
Raider Ron Higgens 3 Elite Leader m USA 13.270
Tex Tex R.  Colburn 3 Elite Sniper m Japan 13.270
Nails     3 Elite       10.190
Dr. Q Dr. Q. Huaong 3 Elite Medic m China 8.600
Red Ernie Spragg 3 Elite Explosives m Scotland 7.500
Hitman Frank Hennessy 3 Elite Sniper m USA 6.630
Gus Gus Tarballs 4 Legendary Leader m USA 36.800
Magic Earl Walker 4 Legendary Mechanic m USA 36.110
Scully Robert James Sullivan 4 Legendary Leader m GB 31.690
Reaper Carl Sheppards 4 Legendary Sniper m USA 26.530
Sidney Sidney Nettleson 4 Legendary Sniper m GB 26.530
Shadow Kyle Simmons 4 Legendary Sniper m USA 22.400
Scope Sheila Sterling 4 Legendary Sniper m GB 20.800
Fauda Kevi Agi 4 Legendary Explosives f Egypt 17.320
Len Len Anderson 4 Legendary Leader m USA 15.850

37 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

What u mean by that? U did mistake. Fix it. Immediately. ^__^

Lol, no, I made the mistake when creating my list... I named it Egytian, but it was Iraqi.

Somewhere in the forum I found a discussion of how the Iraqi flag devoloped in the history.

That discussion was bound to Fauda, so I should have remembered that, then I would not have done the mistake of assigning Fauda to Egypt... all fine... Fauda = Iraqi, not Egypt, like I mentioned.

16 hours ago, Stuurminator said:

I think that's a false equivalence. Skills in JA1/2 were fairly subtle and only made you better (or less bad) at things anyone can do. Magic is stealthy, but everyone can sneak, he's just especially good at it. Hitman is skilled at throwing, but everyone can throw. Things like "ignore overwatch" or "automatically throw a knifevat anyone who invades your personal space" is new for the series and likely to have significant effects on the gameplay.

I personally am not worried because I play plenty of RPGs with outlandish abilities, but I completely understand people who have misgivings about its addition to JA.

This.

I did not express myself in the most convenient way. Sorry for that.