CtH poll.

DougS2K

Let's put this CtH topic to rest.  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want CtH percentage shown in the game?

• Yes.
    • No.

6 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Im sure 😊 Very little activity on forums for last few days, but a poll gets made and instsntly there are 20 votes some admitting to being new on the forum.

Pardon my skepticism.

Nothing wrong with being a skeptic. It's a good way to live your life. In this case however, you are no longer just being skeptical. You are being ignorant, dismissive, and conspiratorial.

So far 91% of the people that voted do not want CtH. Regardless of what you think or want to pretend, the majority of people do not want CtH and that is a fact impervious to your remarks or opinions.

Edited by DougS2K

6 hours ago, chr_isso said:

This is how CtH should be displayed.
you have a circle, starting in red. You spend points, you get the circle in purple. you spend max points, you get the blue circle.

6-IronSightAiming-DoubleDistance.gif

Or, just implement % cth.

Much simpler really 😊

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

Nothing wrong with being a skeptic. It's a good way to live your life. In this case however, you are no longer just being skeptical. You are being ignorant, dismissive, and conspiratorial.

So far 91% of the people that voted do not want CtH. Regardless of what you think or want to pretend, the majority of people do not want CtH and that is a fact impervious to your remarks or opinions.

Well its not exactly conspiratorial if Xeth Nyrrow confirmed it.

And everybody else has been real quiet about it 😆

10 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Well its not exactly conspiratorial if Xeth Nyrrow confirmed it.

And everybody else has been real quiet about it 😆

Confirmed what? I'm talking about how you don't believe the no votes are real. How you don't believe people when they say they don't want CtH. How you think we are all just trying to defend the devs for what you think is a bad gameplay decision. How you claim we all know the gameplay will be no good without CtH. How you claim we are all just blindly putting faith in the devs. You have also claimed devs created dummy accounts to support their decisions. You remember all these things you said? These are the conspiracy theories I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, DougS2K said:

Confirmed what? I'm talking about how you don't believe the no votes are real. How you don't believe people when they say they don't want CtH. How you think we are all just trying to defend the devs for what you think is a bad gameplay decision. How you claim we all know the gameplay will be no good without CtH. How you claim we are all just blindly putting faith in the devs. You have also claimed devs created dummy accounts to support their decisions. You remember all these things you said? These are the conspiracy theories I'm talking about.

Confirmed that people are coming over from discord to vote just to say they voted, as Ive said. Theres at least one account on this very page who admitted to joining just to vote. You seem very upset Doug. We're going to need you to relax for a second 😆

13 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Confirmed that people are coming over from discord to vote just to say they voted, as Ive said. Theres at least one account on this very page who admitted to joining just to vote. You seem very upset Doug. We're going to need you to relax for a second 😆

Ok, what's your point? The point of a poll is for people to vote on it and that's what people are doing.

Your perception is off if that's what you think.

Just now, DougS2K said:

Ok, what's your point? The point of a poll is for people to vote on it and that's what people are doing.

Your perception is off if that's what you think.

I already told you what my point was.

Sigh. Talking to all kinds of people here.

40 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

I already told you what my point was.

Sigh. Talking to all kinds of people here.

Ok. So your just stating people are voting on the poll and some came from discord. Not sure why you specifically mentioned discord as it's not relevant to the question of the poll but whatever.

16 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

Ok. So your just stating people are voting on the poll and some came from discord. Not sure why you specifically mentioned discord as it's not relevant to the question of the poll but whatever.

No reason 😊 Just curious.

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

Now who's being conspiratorial 😆 I dont know doug what are you saying, care to spell it out for us? 😊

Just throwing some random information in like you did. The moon is ~384,000 km away.

Edited by DougS2K

I can't believe this is still going on. Tit for tat, as they say. I don't want visible CtH and I know what I want from the game. Others don't want CtH and they know what they want from the game. Only a minority are in favour of a visible CtH and it seems to stem from being used to XCOM's approach. The reboot is seen as the template for other games, which is the wrong approach. JA3 needs to be as far away from the XCOM reboot as possible.

26 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I can't believe this is still going on. Tit for tat, as they say. I don't want visible CtH and I know what I want from the game. Others don't want CtH and they know what they want from the game. Only a minority are in favour of a visible CtH and it seems to stem from being used to XCOM's approach. The reboot is seen as the template for other games, which is the wrong approach. JA3 needs to be as far away from the XCOM reboot as possible.

It will keep going on because removing cth is an extremely important and wrong design decision.

Im not saying the discussion has to continue but as far as Im concerned this is an error alongside other out of character, non strategic design choices like XCOM style hunker down abilities etc special talents and grit. It will stay an error because it is a part of the strategy. (might not even call it a strategy anymore just a CRPG with guns).

Edited by Godzilla

44 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

It will keep going on because removing cth is an extremely important and wrong design decision.

Im not saying the discussion has to continue but as far as Im concerned this is an error alongside other out of character, non strategic design choices like XCOM style hunker down abilities etc special talents and grit. It will stay an error because it is a part of the strategy. (might not even call it a strategy anymore just a CRPG with guns).

and again, this is your own and almost the solely opinion - as you can see in the poll.
From our sides it is the right, the JA-True decision to not have visible CtH Numbers.

To give the discussion a little twist: why not bring it visible CtH as a perk?
If you have a merc with like 90 Marksmanship and maybe Experience Lvl 5+, he could choose a visible CtH as a perk for him?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chr_isso said:

To give the discussion a little twist: why not bring it visible CtH as a perk?
If you have a merc with like 90 Marksmanship and maybe Experience Lvl 5+, he could choose a visible CtH as a perk for him?

Or if not a visible CtH chance - maybe more frequent comments on shots and maybe even on the shots of others, leading to some conversations/reactions:

Wolf: "I'll eat a broom if he misses that shot" - miss
Wolf: "Oh fuck me!"
Fox: "You bet i will..."

Raider: "No way she can make that shot" - hit!
Raven: "You always underestimate me..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, elenhil said:

Er... Am I reading this right? There's literally THREE peeps on this forum that want CtH back, and still they keep on flogging this horse? That's a vocal minority all right. 

Yeah your correct. It's literally just one person perpetuating the conversation when it shouldn't even be a conversation as the majority of people don't want it and most importantly, the devs said they will not implement it anyways.

1 hour ago, elenhil said:

Er... Am I reading this right? There's literally THREE peeps on this forum that want CtH back, and still they keep on flogging this horse? That's a vocal minority all right. 

Probably 1 person with 2 alts 😄. Just kidding. But a prime example of vocal minority none the less. 

12 minutes ago, DonBilbo said:

Probably 1 person with 2 alts 😄. Just kidding. But a prime example of vocal minority none the less. 

Or a prime example of a rabid fanbase seething that somebody showed reality to them.

Take your pick 😂

Edited by Godzilla

12 minutes ago, DonBilbo said:

Oh ISNT THAT INTERESTING, the brand new account claiming other people are on alts, how peculiar MOST peculiar in fact 😉

1 hour ago, elenhil said:

Im less interested in the three number than the 40 number. Theres been barely 5 active posters in last week on this forum yet somehow theres been an avalanche of users who showed up to vote against cth, some of them within the first hour of this post being posted.

Im sure theres no reason at all why mods would allow anti cth and pro dev alts as long as they more or less support the devs decisions, no reason at all 😉👍

Edited by Godzilla

21 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Im less interested in the three number than the 40 number. Theres been barely 5 active posters in last week on this forum yet somehow theres been an avalanche of users who showed up to vote against cth, some of them within the first hour of this post being posted.

Im sure theres no reason at all why mods would allow anti cth and pro dev alts as long as they more or less support the devs decisions, no reason at all 😉👍

Ooo, conspiracy time again. Always a bonus when numbers are just pulled from thin air like "barely 5". Really adds to the credibility of your argument...image.gif.2e77e711191f14ae48b95810e5d7c4b8.gif