More action points,good news?

Carmine

Interesting. Only two months ago, in May's DevDiary 6 on combat, they said:

• An average rookie merc has around 10-12 AP per turn. 
  • We intentionally kept the numbers relatively low to ease the mental calculations

Maybe after reading the posts on this forum, they have come to realize that JA players are very intelligent?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good catch and good change for sure, they certainly not sleeping over these 2 months.

Actually good question to ask is how old was preview build that we seen 2 months ago, I would not be surprise if it is 3+ months, thats decent time to make some improvements (there is hope for tweaking sneaking and saving Magic, which btw was omitted in last merc trailer).

9 hours ago, D13 said:

Interesting. Only two months ago, in May's DevDiary 6 on combat, they said:

• An average rookie merc has around 10-12 AP per turn. 
  • We intentionally kept the numbers relatively low to ease the mental calculations

Maybe after reading the posts on this forum, they have come to realize that JA players are very intelligent?

Likely due to internal testing more than us crying here on the forums tbh. Either way it's a good idea. I think going to 100 AP would have been excessive but now they have a little more room to tweak numbers.

Were does the initial image originate from, could taht be and older image? I believe they originaly had higher AP, but eventually toned it down. Just let's cross our fingers that they upped it again and that is is not just old footage that we are looking at. 

Okay i see it's from the new mercenary trailer. 

please note that during the introduction of Barry Unger, the AP stats are low. 

image.thumb.png.bbf7e3810dcb8d60507e552ea739d4bf.png 

While in a thrird shot the value's are very spred from 10 to 28 AP. So i guess they did not up the value's in general, but that the increased amount is (unfortunatly) due to another effect.

image.thumb.png.7877109ffdf1485ca38bd985c1b624ab.png

5 hours ago, Glycerine said:

While in a thrird shot the value's are very spred from 10 to 28 AP. So i guess they did not up the value's in general, but that the increased amount is (unfortunatly) due to another effect.

image.thumb.png.7877109ffdf1485ca38bd985c1b624ab.png

There might be multiple factors at play here. Morale? Special boni like "inspired (but only for a couple of people)", "rested" or "fatigued" or some form of synergy (because of Raider and Raven)? 

Because in a later scene we see MD with 18 AP, although he is severely wounded. Where in the other scene he only had 10 AP. (4 could be explained through an inspired proc - which MD has as an ability, at least if the values remained the same as in the streams.)

1.thumb.PNG.4d2f525baf13cc5a2ab8c41c68ddef51.PNG

On 7/2/2023 at 1:01 AM, Stuurminator said:

Now that I think about it, they've mentioned mercs' AP increase when they gain experience levels. They may have cranked everyone up to level 10 (or all their stats to the maximum, for that matter) to capture the footage they wanted.

that could be possible.
only two weeks until we find out, I guess.

But i would also prefer more AP.