Instead of complaining lets find a solution

Godzilla

14 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

I've come to the conclusion reading your responses here to everyone that your just a troll. You have contributed nothing of value here so far and frankly, you have no idea what your talking about if I'm being honest.

Also it's "you're" not your.

😆😆

3 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

"Apostrophe bro. It's, not Its. Its is not a word."

@DougS2K

Its is the ownership form of It. Example: "The whale is sitting on the chair. Its house is big".

Brother you do not need to be doing this to yourself.

My post should have read "Its is not the word", not "Its is not a word". Mistakes happen on a cell, what can I say. I think everyone knows that its is a word, even you. You just used it in the wrong place.

My point still stands as the word you should have used is It's, as in, it is. You've done the same previously with youll instead of you'll, theres instead of there's, Im instead of I'm, etc. It's cool man, apostrophes just freak you out or something. I really don't care but your the one that brought up grammar since you had nothing better to say. 

A little ironic though given the title of your thread wouldn't you agree?

Just now, DougS2K said:

My post should have read "Its is not the word", not "Its is not a word". Mistakes happen on a cell, what can I say. I think everyone knows that its is a word, even you. You just used it in the wrong place.

My point still stands as the word you should have used is It's, as in, it is. You've done the same previously with youll instead of you'll, theres instead of there's, Im instead of I'm, etc. It's cool man, apostrophes just freak you out or something. I really don't care but your the one that brought up grammar since you had nothing better to say. 

A little ironic though given the title of your thread wouldn't you agree?

Actually most people dont know that "its" is a word.

And no offense but since your general level of literacy is so so in English, Im sure and hope you have a native language, its highly unlikely that youll know this small fact and the various distinctions between Its or It's, your or you're (or yore).

Kind of telling us a lot about yourself by pretending to know this fact. Its not even a big deal to not know this, but to pretend not to know it is undesirable.

1 minute ago, Godzilla said:

Also it's "you're" not your.

😆😆

Correct. Like I said, can't be perfect on a cell. Difference is that I wasn't calling out your grammar because I ran out of valid points like you.

You notice those sweet apostrophes in there though? Unlike your posts on the first page of this thread where you wrote the following:

its

dont

doesnt

shouldnt

dont

shouldnt

Theres

couldve

Its

Anyways, you do your thing man and keep your conspiracy theories flowing. If it makes ya feel better to call out spelling mistakes from someone typing on a cell then power to ya cause I really don't care. I'm here to discuss the game, not entertain the children.

24 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Not really so far anybody with a different opinion is banned or luthgaso puts a bunch of "sad" next to their comments like with trueman11

This is a big BIG echo chamber

Nobody was banned because they had a different opinion. They were banned because they were apparently creating alternate accounts to multiply cases of their own argument, while accusing others (especially me) of supposedly creating alternate accounts. In other words, they were accusing me of doing the very thing that they were doing.

• Haha 1

Just now, Solaris_Wave said:

Nobody was banned because they had a different opinion. They were banned because they were apparently creating alternate accounts to multiply cases of their own argument, while accusing others (especially me) of supposedly creating alternate accounts. In other words, they were accusing me of doing the very thing that they were doing.

Aha ok, I think we can be the judge of that

2 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Yeah I caught the tail end of all that. Got a little confused of what happened because I think the mods deleted some posts so things didn't really line up.

Godzilla is just a conspiracy theorist I think. Oh, he can also predict the future too cause we're all gonna be disappointed and sorry with the game. He also moonlights as the grammar police and uses incorrect grammar to fit in. He's got a full plate on his hands I tell ya! 😁

6 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

Yeah I caught the tail end of all that. Got a little confused of what happened because I think the mods deleted some posts so things didn't really line up.

Godzilla is just a conspiracy theorist I think. Oh, he can also predict the future too cause we're all gonna be disappointed and sorry with the game. He also moonlights as the grammar police and uses incorrect grammar to fit in. He's got a full plate on his hands I tell ya! 😁

Its ok to be upset sometimes Doug

Nobody is attacking you. Its alright.

3 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I try to make sure all of my spelling, punctuation and grammar is correct before posting. Even then, it can be hard typing on a virtual keyboard that is obviously flat and with little spacing between the keys. It is very easy to mistype.

Yeah, most people understand that. Some people on the other hand don't seem to. Doesn't help that it's 11:40pm and I've had a long day and am getting old. 😁

weird, new illiterate aggressive guy who attacks everyone and is angry at lack of cth sounds just like old illiterate aggressive alt who attacked everyone and was banned, who sounded like original illiterate aggressive guy @anon474

weird 

10 minutes ago, agris said:

weird, new illiterate aggressive guy who attacks everyone and is angry at lack of cth sounds just like old illiterate aggressive alt who attacked everyone and was banned, who sounded like original illiterate aggressive guy @anon474

weird 

as i said:

delusional fans who want the game to be good so much that everything is a conspiracy to them

popcorn anyone? 🍿

Edited by Godzilla

12 hours ago, Inquerion said:

Good idea!

I also suggested something a bit similar on Steam forums:

They should make % visible on easy/casual difficulty like you said or...as a toggle before starting a new game no matter which difficulty level you want.

But...turning that % on would lock you from accessing few Steam achievements.
I think that would please both casuals and old JA players.
Old fans would get rewarded for completing the game fully without % "like in the old days".

Unmodded JA2 never had % visible for good reasons.
For example, it just makes combat too easy and less realistic.
Soldiers/Mercs are not drones that can calculate exact % chance if they will hit enemy or not during combat. They have to react quick, no time for math when you are under attack.

15 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I try to be reasonable, and the apologists come in.

Punishing people with a lower difficulty for being smart enough to understand that showing hit chance is a core feature of the genre is a mistake.

15 hours ago, Stuurminator said:

They're not hiding the CtH to make the game more challenging. They're doing it to make the gameplay more fun.

The entire point i'm making is that, a game is supposed to be both fun and challenging, to a degree. A lot of the fun for me at least, in JA2, was to understand the mechanics of the hit chance, which is quite complex. The mechanics was not readily available to find or understand, but i got quite far with it. Knowing the mechanics, but not being given the percentage right away, makes you have to use your brain - which is part of what makes a game fun. And it makes you a better player to understand the mechanics.

It should be optional in some way - but also it should be rewarding to have to make you use your head.

But again, part of why i liked JA2 (again) was the unrelenting difficulty in expert mode. I like a challenge. I hope others do as well.

2 hours ago, Bearson said:

There should be a large warning sign in every discussion on every forum:

Do Not Feed The Troll!

😀😉

Kind of pointless sign when the entire forum is full of them, yes? 😊

2 hours ago, Taurean said:

The entire point i'm making is that, a game is supposed to be both fun and challenging, to a degree. A lot of the fun for me at least, in JA2, was to understand the mechanics of the hit chance, which is quite complex. The mechanics was not readily available to find or understand, but i got quite far with it. Knowing the mechanics, but not being given the percentage right away, makes you have to use your brain - which is part of what makes a game fun. And it makes you a better player to understand the mechanics.

It should be optional in some way - but also it should be rewarding to have to make you use your head.

But again, part of why i liked JA2 (again) was the unrelenting difficulty in expert mode. I like a challenge. I hope others do as well.

Ok so if you want to use your head why not tie a blindfold around your head, true challenge then.

Or are you not hardcore enough to play blindfolded? 😉

2 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Ok so if you want to use your head why not tie a blindfold around your head, true challenge then.

Or are you not hardcore enough to play blindfolded? 😉

Sounds like american logic.

13 minutes ago, Taurean said:

Godzilla likes the strawman approach which does seem to be an American thing so you may be on to something. 🤔 😁

Edited by DougS2K

41 minutes ago, Taurean said:

The JA franchise was made by an american, you ok lil bro? (I mean canadian basically same thing canadian and american culture overlaps heavily)

Oh and to answer your point, you never answered my question if you like using your head so much why not just wear a blindfold.

Must be because you dont like using your head as much. 😆

Edited by Godzilla

So am I to take it correctly that none of you have an idea for how to get out of this situation, which doesnt include "you want CTH (or dont want CTH in this case) you just dont know it yet"?

Edited by Godzilla

6 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

So am I to take it correctly that none of you have an idea for how to get out of this situation, which doesnt include "you want CTH (or dont want CTH in this case) you just dont know it yet"?

There is no situation. CTH will not be in the game. Either buy the game and play it with no CTH or don't buy the game. 🤷‍♂️ Or, buy the game and mod it in yourself or hope that someone else mods it in.

1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

This is all so familiar...

Insular developers...diehard apologists...

I don't want to watch your video, sorry. Like I said before, I'm here to discuss the game. I'm not interested in all the other things you talk about including personal attacks on users here.

Edited by DougS2K
  • Like 1