Pre-Orders have started!

Wigen

Q: THQ Nordic does not like pre-order incentives like items or costumes at all it seems?

A: Oh, we do! But for Jagged Alliance 3, we didn't think it would fit. The game is set in the early 2000s, a time when such incentives were barely known. We want to embrace that charming retro vibe and ride it into the sunset.

What a lazy mofos... 😑

48 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:
Q: THQ Nordic does not like pre-order incentives like items or costumes at all it seems?

A: Oh, we do! But for Jagged Alliance 3, we didn't think it would fit. The game is set in the early 2000s, a time when such incentives were barely known. We want to embrace that charming retro vibe and ride it into the sunset.

What a lazy mofos... 😑

This is one of your worst takes yet, and I don't say that lightly. Pre-order exclusives are a cancer on the industry.

Didn't you want a price break?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm a little concerned and worry about GOG not getting the same support than Steam. Happened to some other games and was reported in the reviewso on GOG. Steam version recieved updates, GOG not. Seems to be a contrac issue. I prefer GOG but want to be sure it's supported with the same attention. Anyone who can clearify this?

The last game I pre-ordered was Dayz which was about 10 years ago. I learned from that mistake and never pre-ordered again. However, I will be pre-ordering this as I feel there is a solid game here despite it's issues.

20% of huh... well yesterday the news here in Sweden reported that the Embracer Group stock had plummeted over 70% the last 12 months, close to 50% just these last 6 months.

I wonder if the rather short reveal of an release date has anything to do with this. 🤔

Edited by Hendrix
Typing error

35 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

The last game I pre-ordered was Dayz which was about 10 years ago. I learned from that mistake and never pre-ordered again. However, I will be pre-ordering this as I feel there is a solid game here despite it's issues.

I did a similar thing with Company of Heroes 3 last fall (release was then postpponed to february this year) and there are no other words, better for it than Cartmans: 

Youtube - Cartman explains what you get with pre-ordering

That being said - sometimes you just know you'll buy something and take the leap of faith. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wigen said:

Problems that I hope developers will be able to fix soon 🙂

I hope as well but I doubt it. I haven't even seen the devs acknowledge some of the issues like lack of magazines, inventory, etc.

2 hours ago, rwp said:

I'm a little concerned and worry about GOG not getting the same support than Steam. Happened to some other games and was reported in the reviewso on GOG. Steam version recieved updates, GOG not. Seems to be a contrac issue. I prefer GOG but want to be sure it's supported with the same attention. Anyone who can clearify this?

I can't comment regarding contracts. I usually prefer GOG but for new games Steam's support is much better. I bought from GoG Expeditions : Rome, published by THQ Nordic too. Some (minor) issues were never fixed, and some updates came later than Steam.

In addition, modding support has been announced for JA3. Steam provides the Workshop. I suppose that mods can be made available on the Nexus, however Steam Workshop makes thing easier.

I'm going to grab it from Steam first. Then later on, if I like the game, what I do not doubt, buy it from GOG to get a DRM free version so I can play with no Internet.

• Thanks 1

I might be fool but I grabbed it immediately. Huge fan of series, burn out on the recent developments but this one brings hope.

Its not going to be game that everyone wants but I believe that all the efforts they put and show us through dev dairies coming well together.

It have decent chance to be very good exp and with a bit of luck and embrace from players it could be great launching pad to restart the series, that is the hope..

In my books it already deserves pre-order just for the above reasons.

I'm super keen to start building my team and kill one more dictator 😄

• Like 1

Neah, I'll wait a little longer. Not impressed with what I've seen so far. 

Too much Tropico, too little JA. 

Pretty sure the game will be available on Steam sale later this year. 

I've done several pre-orders before and most of them were mistakes where devs failed to deliver. 

Besides, no offence, but a professional company that can't even write their website description in proper English (mind you, it's not my native language either but I ain't no professional) doesn't convince me these guys will be able to fix all current shortcomings too.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, Povok said:

I did a similar thing with Company of Heroes 3 last fall (release was then postpponed to february this year) and there are no other words, better for it than Cartmans: 

Youtube - Cartman explains what you get with pre-ordering

That being said - sometimes you just know you'll buy something and take the leap of faith. 

Make a correct distinction between A. Sjait game dev status on release date, versus, B. The pre-order system in general.

1 hour ago, ShadowMagic said:

Neah, I'll wait a little longer. Not impressed with what I've seen so far. 

Too much Tropico, too little JA. 

Pretty sure the game will be available on Steam sale later this year. 

I've done several pre-orders before and most of them were mistakes where devs failed to deliver. 

Besides, no offence, but a professional company that can't even write their website description in proper English (mind you, it's not my native language either but I ain't no professional) doesn't convince me these guys will be able to fix all current shortcomings too.

I likely buy just before release date, if my game mojo is still up in 5 weeks from now. 
I expect a 7/10 game, worth the bucks for one playthrough, on highest difficulty.

Then I hope for a kickass 9/10 Jagged Alliance 4 game, like Diablo-4 did compared to D3, where I hope they built on this -already built- JA3 engine and then REALLY listen to community and fix all this major things. But yes, these are MY WISHES, and I do also like to state the following. JA3 dev team is not JA2 dev team. Games and gaming community changed massively in the last decade. Then I also like to draw the comparison with a music band, let's say Metallica. There is an album. There is a genre. And yes, we want a band to grow, that means do new things, and this can go two ways. Then there is inspiration. Then there is band stuff happening, on top of personal life stuff. Then there are record labels. Then there is the not homogenous fan-base. Then there is the market with other existing like-minded bands. So yeah, all factor in for a final new direction, new album, new evolution of the band. Something similar happens in my opinion with such game dev. And guys, don't forget. We all have our individual wishes. In the end we have the choice; you either buy the game, and are satisfied enough with what you buy, OR, you just don't buy it.

• Like 2

@Remi1987 I agree broadly I think developers actually tried to recapture the mood and atmosphere of JA2 but also did some things that I would personally not do.

The best thing to do at this point is to support the franchise and put out good press for it so the randos on steam who dont know the difference between a spoon and a fork or between action points and XCOMs system purchase it and we can keep the franchise rolling.

Regardless Ill still play it just to see the old characters back enjoy the writing enjoy the strategy, even if the devs took some steps that I would personally not take.

• Like 2

There are a gazillion of golden nuggets out here for the dev team. A loud cry-for-help from the veteran community; the players who have crystal clear how a worthy JA3 would look like. The vibe I'm getting more and more is a new dev team that tries to reinvent the wheel and has the space to add in some experimental things. All good and great, but without a solid check-in with the community here on this platform (it is literally here), then don't be disappointed if this experiment doesn't result in the dream outcome as desired.

Supporting a dev time out of pity will never be one of my personal motivators. That's also imo not how the world works.

People who buy the game, buy it, should not complain, and buy it when the value exceeds the price. (I'm in this category)
People who believe the value doesn't exceed the price, should not buy it. Buy and complaining is stupidity.

Is there room for improvement; yes.

That's why I stated from the beginning; I would have loved to see a game that lives up to a 60-70 USD price, and I am still dead serious on it.