Jagged Alliance 3 - Reviews (only links)

Wigen

Guess about what the only mixed review complains?

"

It is, however, with the aforementioned accuracy display that I first began to feel frustrated during my time with this title. Faced with a list of “plus” accuracy bonuses and “minus” accuracy penalties, you must weigh up whether any given fight is worth it. Is it likely that a headshot will hit, or would it be better to regroup and come at things from another angle? When choosing the former option, I often found that despite the odds seeming to overwhelmingly favour my success, my mercs would completely fumble their shots. Of course, it is rare for a strategy game of this ilk to offer the player a guaranteed hit; there’s always some sense of risk, and rightly so. To miss so consistently, however, and with the heads-up display informing you of your six bonuses vs single penalty to boot, simply tarnished my immersion throughout. It would have been more sensible, perhaps, to divulge how heavily weighted each of these bonuses are — many similar games opt to display a percentage value that distils for the player their chances of success, and there’s good reason for that. "

@Hendrix, @Wigen, @Kordanor, @SWi74... and MANY others here (I just mention the ones I have exchanged with the most over the past years).

I'm anxious to see if you will be back here to post a review. (Will you?) I don't put much faith in big review agencies anymore.

I think each and everyone of us "old-schoolers" should come back to this forum in a few weeks/months to write our own review. See what we like or don't like after getting our hands dirty in blood money (diamond mines are very dirty business).

Looking forward to your comments, likes/dislikes.

I think what is important in the coming months is to be able to appreciate the good things, but criticize the bad ones so that they can patch/fix/think what the next step/evolution of the game will be.

Edited by GODSPEED
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good idea, writing own reviews, as a fan.

Maybe one could think about a fanbase-review?

Collect fan-rating-reviews and have a final fanbased-percentage result? 🤔

(That would make the creation of a review-list necessary, consisting of points of interest regarding the review).

Edited by 5Cents

Oh.. and hopefully you guys give my something to argue about.. 'cause you know, I love arguing 💩 ! (Just in case none of you noticed). 😁

Apologies to @Wigen for hijacking his post. 😅

This is about REVIEWS guys.. please stay on topic!!

Edited by GODSPEED

@GODSPEED I wanted to post my Jagged Alliance 2 & Wildfire review to "Off Topic" but simply dont have the time for it, i just posted my Jagged Alliance 1 review few months ago. But hey i can tell straight away the OG JA2 is way easier then Wildfire (where almost in each sector there was like 20 - 25 blue shirted enemies), yes if you play "Tons of Weapons" in Wildfire you will get almost from the very start advanced weapons but still killing each sector over 20 enemies and not to get hit was still not a easy task.

ACG, one of the few Youtube reviewers I trust to actually be honest. He doesn't do any sponsored bs. He's always upfront about pros and cons, in ALL his videos.

I would take his word over any of the "hype-train" big review boards who rate games a 9 and deserve a 4.

That said, very good review:

• 2 weeks later...

Part of it was quoted here already, but not linked, so: https://www.gamegrin.com/reviews/jagged-alliance-3-review/

Overall, Jagged Alliance 3 has the bones of something brilliant. Such was my appreciation for its finer elements that I tried fervently to penetrate its predominantly pesky systems over my time with the game, though I ultimately failed to do so. I walked away feeling conflicted because I had enjoyed my experience overall; I only wished its tactical framework wasn’t so intent on frustrating away the fun. I hold a sincere hope that a few patches from the developer and a bit of love from the series’ committed modding community might eventually elevate Jagged Alliance 3 to the heights it ought to have been able to reach.