Best long weapon - maybe FAMAS

marcinl0

I don't like burst/automatic fire modes at all since I rarely every reach the damage output which I get with a good single shot, even though more hitting projectiles should add up to more damage. On top, it costs more ammunition. 🤨

sniper rifle+ hollow point ammo can single-handedly carry the entire game. Hence best long range weapons are sniper rifles. 6 mercs with sniper rifles and corresponding ammo+perks can clean maps in few minutes

Edited by Skaldy
  • Like 2

Nice comparison even though it doesn't take possible modifications into account. 🤓

Nevertheless, it should be obvious that the FAMAS is not one of the top tier weapons when you get it as a reward on the tutorial island at the beginning of the game.

5 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

Nice comparison even though it doesn't take possible modifications into account. 🤓

how it is relevant since modifications are identical for every assault rifle? according to your logic perks and traits should be taken to account as well. modded AK74 and FN FAL will still have highest damage if you compare them to modded other assault rifles.

Edited by Skaldy

51 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

I wasn't aware that all aussault rifles have the same modification possibilities. 🧐

Yeah, they don't!

M-14 has 7
FAL has 8
G36 has 7
AK-74 has 6
and so on....

What many aren't taking into account here, is that not all weapons are meant to simply upgrade hard damage.

Some weapons work better for certain types of builds. For example a weapon like the AR-15 will work much better at a high crit chance build than many other higher damage output rifles.

I don't really like talking about this kind of "build thing" in JA, almost makes it feel like an mmo... but Crit chance builds are a thing and some weaker damage output weapons are simply better at the task.

While many of the earlier weapons have  a max 5-6% crit chance, the AR-15 starts out at 12%. So a few more mods and a character built around crit chances.. can potentially make this weapon stronger than others that start with a higher base damage output.

image.png.b1625a0c049d90cd51c9d6c4530f3a5b.png

I wish this whole crit crap wasn't even in this game. It's part of what I dislike about this game to be honest.

10 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

Yeah, they don't!

M-14 has 7
FAL has 8
G36 has 7
AK-74 has 6
and so on....

What many aren't taking into account here, is that not all weapons are meant to simply upgrade hard damage.

Some weapons work better for certain types of builds. For example a weapon like the AR-15 will work much better at a high crit chance build than many other higher damage output rifles.

I don't really like talking about this kind of "build thing" in JA, almost makes it feel like an mmo... but Crit chance builds are a thing and some weaker damage output weapons are simply better at the task.

While many of the earlier weapons have  a max 5-6% crit chance, the AR-15 starts out at 12%. So a few more mods and a character built around crit chances.. can potentially make this weapon stronger than others that start with a higher base damage output.

image.png.b1625a0c049d90cd51c9d6c4530f3a5b.png

I wish this whole crit crap wasn't even in this game. It's part of what I dislike about this game to be honest.

clearly you don't understand modding damage wise.
M-14 has 7
FAL has 8
G36 has 7
AK-74 has 6

all these rifles can modify their "potential" damage by changing stock(for more over watch shots) or muzzle (burst fires +1 bullet)

All assault rifles in game have same modding potential outside aim boosters, hence it doesnt matter if you compare them fully kitted or not.......

Just now, sandman25dcsss said:

Now I see why many guys don't like CtH mod 🙂 Yes, if you ignore accuracy mods as insignificant and crit chance as RNG, your weapons ranking is based solely on damage. Range is quite important too by the way.

That is why i said according to his logic we should include perks and traits, because aim and crit chances are effected by those too. Range is important in what terms exactly?

16 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

Range is important in what terms exactly?

In terms of range 🙂

Even if both weapons can shoot at enemy, it does not mean range difference does not result in accuracy difference which can result in hit or miss difference.

I wasn't joking about -539% accuracy penalty, it is what game shows when you try to shoot at long distance with short range weapon.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

42 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

All assault rifles in game have same modding potential outside aim boosters, hence it doesnt matter if you compare them fully kitted or not...

They absolutely do not, and FAMAS is one of the best weapons to give to a weak shooter as it accepts both a Bipod and a Grip at the same time, while also being cheaper to fire than the AK-47 that's available around the same time. It's major downside is that it doesn't have any Barrel options, so it won't hit the 3AP firing cost of the AUG, or gain any range.

You also get one modded for clearing out the Ernie outpost, which gives the weapon a lot of staying power for how unjustly low it's stats are (all it needs to be your best friend for stealth play is a suppressor, at which point it can stay with you forever).

Edited by Jaywalker

i have played this game until biff's mayday moment and finding 5.56 ammo was one of the hardest things for me. so fa-mas is not even good early game weapon since you can not get 5.56 ammo while you live in 7.62WP swarm.

when i got that as reward in first island i saved it for late use because it has chip attachtment. but you know you get far more better weapons so this weapon is quite useless if you ask me.

plus i couldnt find any good assault rifle and i still use galil because it has high crit chance with 12%.

i am open for suggestions as i didnt like any submachine/assault rifle until now. m-14, m-16, commando, fn-fal, ak-47, fa-mas, mp5. they all  look useless to me.

Yes, current ammo design is weird. Finding 2 different weapons I had zero ammo for and then liberating many sectors and still having zero ammo was primary reason why I created my infinite ammo mod. If devs give us a weapon, they really should give us corresponding ammo as well. If they decrease burst damage to give 120% total damage comparing to 100% single shot for the cost of 2 extra ammo and accuracy penalty, they should give us ammo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandman25dcsss said:

In terms of range 🙂

Even if both weapons can shoot at enemy, it does not mean range difference does not result in accuracy difference which can result in hit or miss difference.

I wasn't joking about -539% accuracy penalty, it is what game shows when you try to shoot at long distance with short range weapon.

and it is related to damage how?

54 minutes ago, Jaywalker said:

They absolutely do not, and FAMAS is one of the best weapons to give to a weak shooter as it accepts both a Bipod and a Grip at the same time, while also being cheaper to fire than the AK-47 that's available around the same time. It's major downside is that it doesn't have any Barrel options, so it won't hit the 3AP firing cost of the AUG, or gain any range.

You also get one modded for clearing out the Ernie outpost, which gives the weapon a lot of staying power for how unjustly low it's stats are (all it needs to be your best friend for stealth play is a suppressor, at which point it can stay with you forever).

it effects damage how? damage modifiers are stock and muzzle lol

7 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

@Skaldy Are you seriously asking about related to damage difference between dealing some damage and dealing no damage? Ok, thank you for discussion then 😉

no thank you, because discussion is about potential damage, regardless of skill to connect shots, which means we take connected shot damage, disregarding chance to hit. Hence weapon mods, in that regard are only effected by muzzle and stock mods....So assualt rfiles have same damage potential, meaning upgraded FN-FAL will still have higher damage than upgraded FAMAS

not that hard if you think about it.

Edited by Skaldy

Just now, Skaldy said:

no thank you, because discussion is about potential damage, regardless of skill to, which means we take connected shot damage, disregarding chance to hit. Hence weapon mods, in that regard are only effected by muzzle and stock mods....So assualt rfiles have same damage potential, meaning upgraded FN-FAL will still have higher damage than upgraded FAMAS

not that hard if you think about it.

Some AR have range 24, other rifles have range 30. Now imagine situation when you shoot at range 15. First rifle has accuracy penalty, second rifle does not have it.

Weapons are compared based on much more complicated factors than "potential damage".

If one weapon has damage 100 and range 50, while another weapon has damage 101 and range 2, I know which weapon you will choose.

Not that hard if you think about it. 

Just now, sandman25dcsss said:

Some AR have range 24, other rifles have range 30. Now imagine situation when you shoot at range 15. First rifle has accuracy penalty, second rifle does not have it.

Weapons are compared based on much more complicated factors than "potential damage".

If one weapon has damage 100 and range 50, while another weapon has damage 101 and range 2, I know which weapon you will choose.

Not that hard if you think about it. 

Apparently thinking is extremely tedious for you, because we are talking about assault rifles, which have similar OR SAME range values. But please present us this miracle assault rifle with 2 range and 101 damage.